Monday, September 26, 2011

Homework...

I'm long overdue on an update with the new house!

Lots of work has been going on... mostly in the paint department.  Here's some quick before and afters:

The upstairs bathroom is beautiful... and all white.  So, a little coat of paint brightened things up. Hard to tell because the photos are a little dar but you get the general idea. (P.S.--painting the bathroom was NOT fun!)


Unfortunately I forgot to take photos of the den (or as Sean would have it, the man cave).  We had no furniture, but needed to create a TV room and office area, so a few purchases were made!  The room was also a bit dingy as the walls, tirm, and ceiling were various shades of very deep, yellowish cream.  It made the room very dark.

So, first things first, I painted the ceiling (again, NOT fun!) and all the trim a crisp white. It really changed the whole atmosphere of the room!



You can also see the fresh, bright trim in this picture of our new couch and ottoman!  Sean wasa determined to get a set of crazy red leather furniture, but I won that fight  (without pitching a fit in the store. Same cannot be said for the day we tried to buy curtains). 


I also bought a new desk... sort of.  It came in about 7,000 pieces.



It was so complicated that Sean actually read through the directions!


After three hours... the finished product:


Last but not least: the kitchen.  I lived with the baby blue kitchen for a month, but this weekend I decided that enough was enough. The color is just not me, and it's driving me crazy.  So begins the process of painting the kitchen an Eddie Bauer paint shade called "pine needles."



So far so good, but there's a long way to go!


The list of projects is SO long, but I'm enjoying every second of making this house home!

1 comment: