Monday, November 26, 2012

Big Changes

Well kids... we are Las Vegas bound!

We had been contemplating a move to Vegas sometime in 2013.  But, in one week's time Sean and I both received amazing job offers and so, away we go in just a few days!

I will be starting a job doing business development for a company called HCA Healthcare, which manages several hospitals in Las Vegas and California.  I'm SO excited... it's a new field and a new career direction for me, and it's going to be a great challenge.

Everything has somehow fallen into place very easily so far.  Sean found a townhouse for us that met all of my requirements, including:

1) Grass (don't laugh; it's rare in the desert)
2) A tree (ditto)
3) A community pool
4) A fenced in backyard
5) A park
6) Nearby shopping

Yes, I'm high-maintenance. But I'm moving to the desert. It's going to take a few things to make me happy.

So now begins the process of packing up the house, selling what we can't pack, renting the house, and driving to Vegas.

I didn't think I'd be packing up all my books AGAIN.  YUCK.  And we are having massive yard sale in the very near future.  How did I collect all this crap in just one year?

My friend Hollis is making the drive with me, Cassie and Stella.  I'm so grateful to her and I know it's going to be a big, marathon adventure! But how many times do you have good reason to drive across the U.S.?  We're planning to take the southern route, so if anyone knows any quirky stops around Arkansas, Texas, or Arizona...let me know!

Sean has told Ryiah and she is excited but a little confused.  She was sad that she wouldn't see Cassie and Stella anymore. She thought they were stuck in Kentucky!  Hopefully it will be a fun surprise for her to see them arrive--and stay--in Las Vegas.

It's going to be a wild few weeks... and then a wild new adventure as life begins in a new place!

But first things first... anyone need to rent a house in Lexington?

No comments:

Post a Comment